Tuesday, May 16, 2017

May 3 2017 - Day 4

Day 3 and we woke up bright and early at Hayashi's place. We had entered Sapporo in the night and had a good night rest.

We drove to Siecomart (a lot of these convenience stores in Japan) to buy warm prepacked food for our breakfast. I love the Japanese fish and noodles. The others had sandwiches and milk.

First stop was the Mitsui Shopping Outlet. Tim managed to by a nice bag from one of the outlets while A and myself bought trench coats for 2k yen. I realized that my clothes were insufficient for the cold weather and after getting the trench coat I certainly felt better. However I misplaced the white scarf I bought at Lake Toya at one of the Airbnb which we had checked in after Hayashi's.

The food court was spotless and we had cold soba (not my favorite) but A and T simply love eating them. I could not finish the soba and gave it to Tim to finish.

We had to clear the table, wipe it with a cloth and return our plates and cutleries to the hawker stalls. No wonder the food court was spotless and almost no workers were in attendance. The Japanese were really a disciplined people. Treat public property like your own property.


We then went to the Jinggu park and Maruyama park to look at the cherry blossoms. It was terribly cold. I stayed in a tea-shop and sipped warm tea while they went photo-taking. 



We then went to Hokkaido TV Tower in Sapporo and had dinner at New Sanko at the 3rd floor before we took the trip up the TV Tower for some photo taking. View of Sapporo was breath-taking. We bought some souvenirs, fridge magnets for keep sake. I bought a pouch called a poochi to put my coins as T says we need to use them all in Japan (no value to money changers back home).

We met G and P again after the trip up the Tower and chit chat a bit. After that we did not see them again. 


End of Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment