Friday, April 18, 2014

The utterly disappointing Hotel Golden Dragon

Tired but happy and with legs aching (especially my right knee was acting up again) we walked from the ferry terminal to Hotel Golden Dragon to check in for the night.

All we had was 2 backpacks with us as we did not pay for baggage this trip.

We had the shock of our lives when we were told by the manager of the Hotel that our booking had been cancelled.

How was this possible? We paid to Groupon, who paid to Lohas Premium. We also checked the dates with Lohas and informed the Hotel that we will be checking in late on 11th April!

The manager showed us an email from Booking.com that our booking had been cancelled due to non payment.

I was so angry that I called up the person in charge of Lohas at 11 pm at night. I didn't know whether I should scold her or what....!!

Thank goodness I calmed down and she answered all my calls. She could not explain why our booking was cancelled. She also could not make an alternative booking for us as it was too late at night. Finally she asked us to stay one night at our own expense in Hotel Golden Dragon and promised to reimburse us the cost.

Being tired, we did not argue. The cost of the one night stay MOP1580 = RM655 per night!!

The bed was hard (very hard), the pillow was too soft and the lights too dim but being too tired we rested till morning.

At 7 in the morning, I just prayed and asked the Lord to intervene....

No comments:

Post a Comment