Friday, April 18, 2014

A blessing in disguise

I guess God took pity on me as my right knee was in great pain. I had a little spur in the bone that need cutting off but I had put off the operation for some reason or other...

Due to the 5 hour walking around in Ocean Park, the right knee was also in great pain. I could not walk much and had to hold on to my husband. Climbing stairs and walking on uneven ground was particularly painful.

Well, God is very kind to me (Ps 145:9 "The Lord is good to all, His tender mercies are over all His works")....I called the person in charge of Lohas in the morning of 12th April and she managed to arrange an upgrade for us to Hotel Royal. She also undertook to pay for our taxi charges to the new hotel.

Now this new hotel is a 5 star hotel and right in the center of the town. This would mean that I need not walk 3 km to go to St Paul's ruins! This was what my hubby had planned! When I saw his plans, I was shocked! Walking to various tourist spots about 5 km away from the original hotel and more walking. As per his original plan, we would probably have to walk up to 10 km per day!

Thank God for His kindness and mercy! Sitting down was ok, getting up was a torture, walking had to be with straightened right knee otherwise I will hear a click, click sound and experience pain in the knee! I knew that if we had stayed at Hotel Golden Dragon, I would be having a most miserable holiday in Macao.

Also the new hotel had a king-size bed with a nice TV, plush sofas and pillows. More to come.....

THANK YOU JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment