Sunday, August 31, 2014

Universal Studios, Osaka, Japan

25 Aug and we woke up at 6 am.

At 7 am we trouped down for our buffet breakfast.

The selection was like a diet buffet! Seaweed, Japanese silky taufoo, miso soup, onion soup, tokoyaki, croissants, bread cakes, bonito flakes, small crispy sausages, eggs, beans, juices, salads, odon, green tea noodles - no wonder the average Japanese look like they were on a perpetual diet. No nasi lemak, no mee goreng, no rich cakes, no fried rice, no goreng stuff.....!

We were taken to Universal Studios. Due to the crowd, Tim and I only managed to watch Sesame Street 4-D! 

We did manage to take pictures with Shrek and Snoopy though but the crowd was really amazing! 

Thanked God we received special treatment due to my wheel-chair. We then made our way to Harry Potter village, the latest attraction in US. I am not a fan of this genre so I just sat around in the wheel-chair with Tim and took pictures with the steam engine. 

We skipped lunch. We were then taken to Shin Sai Bai Shi, a shopping area like Bukit Bintang. We took our tea break at Mcdonalds. Surprise! Surprise! No fillet-o-fish but they serve fillet-o-prawn. We had potato chips and fried chicken without tomato or chilli sauce simply because Mcdonalds do not have such sauces! Really healthy. I think in Malaysia we slather our chips with too much sauces!

As I could not walk for too long, I took refuge in a Japanese fast-food restaurant and had my favorite Japanese taufoo for 150 yen (about RM4).

Dinner was Japanese steamboat with deliciously thin beef, slices of pork, chicken and crispy small sausages. The broth was just water with bits of seaweed but the strength of its flavoring was in the sesame sauce that we poured lavishly into individual bowls. Japanese rice was simply delicious to eat. Soft, slightly sticky and fragrant, it tasted sweet.

My only complaint - we sat on the floor with our legs dangling in the space below the floor! Very bad for my knees!

The food made up for it though.

I broke my vegetarian fast and had beef at the urging of my family members.

Delicious. As Allan said, you can go to eat anywhere in Japan (especially in the small eateries and the food was simply delicious). Lots of vegetables like needle mushrooms, cabbages filled up the steamboat-pot. No spoons were given as the Japanese drink the soup direct from their bowls. 

We spent our second night at the Dai-ichi Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment