Sunday, August 31, 2014

Osaka, Japan - 24 Aug to 27 Aug

Aug 25 2014 - Monday

Japan here we come!

It was a dream come true. I was going to Japan with my family! We were so excited - Amanda, Samuel, Tim and me. Amanda's friend came along too. The other friend pulled out the last minute and her mother (Jo) took her place.

Our flight was 3 pm in the afternoon. The tour agency assigned Ben Lum to accompany us.

At that time Amanda was having fever at about 38%. We thought it was only viral fever. The doctor just gave her some medication. Dengue was definitely not in our minds at that time!

Anyway Amanda passed the strict temperature test at Kansai airport in Osaka. 

As for me, I had a bad left knee. I felt that my knee bones literally moving while walking. It felt that I had a locked left knee! Every time I sat down and got up, the pain was excruciating. Seeing me with crutches, the super friendly, super efficient ground staff at Kansai airport assigned Kumiko Marukami to me. Kumiko pushed me in a wheel-chair past the long queues and took me through special check-out lanes!

I realized that the knee got worse after my two trips to Penang and JB. Both flights were from Subang. The walk to the tarmac was long and the climb up the steep steel staircase was simply excruciating!

The awful thing was that when Jo collected her luggage, she found the locks missing and the luggage bag open! We realized that someone had attempted to open the bag. Thank goodness nothing was taken from her suitcase.

I tried to take a photo of Kansai airport. Suddenly the ground staff rushed to me and said to me "No photo. Delete. Delete!" Goodness me! I did not know they were so strict. Anyway Kansai was nothing to shout about as compared to our beautiful KLIA 2. Our tour guide Allan from Macau came to study in Japan and ended up getting married. He could speak fluent Cantonese and Japanese!

We were taken to Kansai Washington Hotel to spend the night. Our hotel room was pretty big and comfortable with pink bed-spreads and really soft beds! Water could be drunk straight from the taps.

No dustbins were found anywhere except in the toilets. We were told that the Japanese carried their rubbish home to be put into 4 recycled bins. We were also told that for cooking oil recycling, they would have to buy a certain powder to be put into the cooking oil before they dispose of the oil in the recycle bins! Everything in Japan is recyclable.

Japan is like a sanitized country. Simply squeaky clean! Rivers are greenish-clean. Roads were devoid of rubbish. Hotel rooms smell fresh. REFRESHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment