Sunday, February 4, 2018

Day 3 - Vinpearl Land

Feb 2 and we decided to go to the NT theme park called Vinpearl Land. Although the review mentioned a small theme park to my surprise this theme park is a big theme park!

It is divided into several different worlds like most theme park. We bought tickets from the Hotel but found out that the queue to the theme park via the cable car was really long. However everyone was disciplined enough to queue to wait for the theme park. However if you have weak knees, it would be advisable to bring a portable chair. 

Noticed that the theme park was not so disabled friendly as there was no signs anywhere highlighting wheelchairs for rent like what we normally see in Japan. It was a good thing that I had taken some pain killers to alleviate the knee pain!

Even to go to the cable cars, we had to climb the stairs - no option for lifts! Wah liao...

It was here that we met the Russian couple from Siberia...interesting that they travelled more than a day to reach NT. In the words of the Russian man "this is a dream". He was referring to the weather. Surprisingly NT has an interesting weather - the sun shines for a while during the day enough for you to get a nice tan and at night it could be cold and windy.

The first section of the theme park had so many interesting rides that we spent the whole morning there. Hubby and I decided to try the swinging boat and immediately regretted it. As we were swinging up and down I really felt sick...in fact I thought I was going to had a heart attack! I think its called the zamperla or something like that...let me look for a picture of it.....

We opted to wait for the children as they tried all the various rides available. The rides were all of a good quality and rather enjoyable. There was also a ride where you seem to be flying called the superman ride. The sister advised us not to ride it as it was rather painful to be lying down on the chest and going round and round like a merry go round!

The middle section was Adventure World....my favorite world.

I enjoyed the trampoline section (indoor park) where we played trampoline basketball and also took part in a simulated dancing section. For the first time I had a chance to exercise every part of my body through the simulated dancing! The best part of the theme park for me! At the Adventure World, we also participated in a 4D game where we took the gun and started shooting onscreen enemies. I felt that I was shooting the devil and prayed in tongues throughout the game.

I emerged no 2 and no 3. Of course, Siu Yeh (SY) was tops both sessions!

We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant and ordered noodles, rice and Viet spring rolls again! It was delicious!

Other rides that they tried were the musical rides where it went clockwise then anti-clockwise according to the music. The children also enjoyed the bumper car rides and thereafter the 4D cinema where we could feel the chair moving under us! I have seen 4D shows at Disneyland HK and also at Brisbane and I must say the show here is quite good too...comparable by standards.

The dolphin show was really fun to watch. Although not as hebat as the one in Brisbane, the dolphins here could toss balls, dance and play with hoops on their dolphin noses. 

Last stop was the water park. The water rides were really fun (the children told me). 

They really enjoyed the slides saying that it was their favourite. Me, I enjoyed sleeping on the deck chair and watching a different kind of water park. It was a water park in the sea! I cannot describe it in words....you have to see it to believe it....its not man-made. The only thing man-made was the big balloon-like objects floating out in the sea which had carved out swimming areas in the sea for swimming! Its like a swimming pool in the sea.

We had dinner at Lotteria and ate Korean chicken. It was bathed in cheese or soy sauce. I liked mine in soy sauce. The family preferred theirs in cheese!

We stayed back to watch the beautiful dancing fountain that moved with popular music. The sound, lights and music was an awesome combination. Just like Singapore the light, water and music show did not disappoint.

Once again going back, we had to queue almost one hour! However there was a band to entertain us as we stood patiently in line waiting for the cable car to take us down.


It was a wonderful day at Vinpearl Land thus far my favourite tourist destination on NT!

No comments:

Post a Comment