Saturday, February 28, 2015

Asiatique

23 Feb 2015
Day 1 in Bangkok by night

The fascinating Asiatique is really a stunning and beautiful place by night.

We had to take a ferry over to this man-made island shopping area. Lining up with many tourists, I had no difficulty climbing up and down the ferry. 

I marveled at my knees which had completely healed. Thank you Jesus for healing me by sending me to a very wise doctor who gave me the correct diagnosis.

A year ago, it would have been sheer agony for me to walk a few steps. To get up after a while of sitting down would require the help of a pair of really good crutches. Sitting cramped in the Airasia airline seat would result in excruciating pain.

Although I took along my special "Kingsman" umbrella (a 2-in-1 of an umbrella plus a walking stick) for support, I was happy that I experienced very little pain except for leg cramps at night as result of too much walking during the day. I bought blue cooling counterpain to apply to the cramps. Unlike the red counterpain which I could buy in KL, this counterpain was blue in color and really cooling when applied.

Asiatique is really unique. 

Made up of small eclectic, quaint, artsy-fartsy, quintessential shops selling clothes, bags, shoes, trinkets, souvenirs, toys, Thai desserts like mango and stick rice and traditional Thai food, one could spend several nights just wandering through its amazing maze and always end up buying something.

I vote for Asiatique as the most fascinating place to visit in Bangkok as it was the most beautiful place to go while in Bangkok at night.

The eye of Bangkok with its shining spokes and surreal neon white and blue colors fascinated me so much that I had to take out my handphone to take many pictures of this beautiful ferris wheel. No matter which angle it was beautiful to look at and stunning!

My daughter loved the clothes so much that she bought a dress and a shirt. I bought a pair of bermuda shorts. She later went back to Asiatique on the 3rd day on her own and bought a custom made t-shirt with her name on it!

Dinner was awesome. We had sweet tom yum in coconut with a big prawn. We also had fried crispy fish in sweet sour sauce and green curry chicken. The pandan leaf cooling drink was simply delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment