Friday, December 28, 2012

This is Christmas in England

Adeline's last Christmas in England...

"I had an awesome Christmas Eve meal and Christmas Day experience.

David surprised me with two presents. On Christmas Eve, he told me that he had forgotten to get my gift because he had no time (too busy with work). I just said, that's okay, I expected it. Then he went into a long discourse on how he doesn't like celebrating events and how bad he is at selecting presents etc Oh well, so much for that.

Because the next day, I woke up to find a badly wrapped present next to my bed. Looks like it was a ploy! So I was very touched and happy (not because he got me unexpected gifts but because he went the extra mile to wrap them. He's very bad at wrapping presents).

Anyway, here are pictures of the day, plus pictures of food that I made. We had a lovely Christmas Eve meal of soup and homemade garlic bread with a starter of rocket and cherry tomato salad. On Christmas Day, we had a nice roast dinner with lots of sides.

Okay let the pictures talk! (Next post)

I got David a Liara T'soni figurine from the game, Mass Effect and an Optimus Prime Transformers toy. He got me a hand cream gift set from Body Shop ( I really needed hand cream) and a wallet from the famous UK designer, Cath Kidston. Cath Kidston is a brand that I really like but would never spend on because the items are overpriced. Many middle to upper class women love Cath Kidston and I can always tell the financial status of a customer from the kind of wallet they possess. 
David actually got me a pattern that I'd never seen before! So I was really excited to receive it"



No comments:

Post a Comment